Saturday, December 25, 2010

Photo


Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.


The picture was taken on a beach in Dennis Massachusetts in early September, when Kathy and I were spending a few days up at the Cape. In many ways, while I also love forests and fields, beaches –or any place where water and land meet- are the most natural non-work setting for me.  There I can relax, reconnect with my more reflective spiritual side, and just be my non-work self. I don’t like the Cape beaches much during the summer—too many people, too much noise and too much disturbance.  Once Labor Day comes and goes, though, the crowds empty out and, whether it’s warm enough to swim or windy (as it was the day that this picture was taken), the beaches are fairly empty.  They’re perfect for walking along, sitting on, or just watching the wildlife that makes them home in the off seasons.  

No comments: