Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Future Self


 Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead?

            While I can hope that in the future I’ll live a simpler, more ecologically sound life (ideally in an area where we can grow more vegetables and perhaps have a goat and some chickens and bees), be in good health, and be feeling a sense of accomplishment in the work that I’m doing, five years from now what I’d really like is for my children to be happy and more settled than they are now.  But my advice to myself is that life always sends you in directions other than you’ve planned so, while having a sense of goals and priorities is very important, so is not expecting things to work out in the future in ways that you’ve pictured.  It’ll be what it will be. 

No comments: