Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Achieve and Defining Moment


What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

I feel like I’ve already answered this question in several of the other Reverb10 questions: the one about 11 things, the one about future self, etc.  So here goes again.

 Next year I hope to find more peace and balance in my life by focusing more on sustainability and less on consumption, more on things I can do and make myself and less on things I buy, more on ways to stay centered and focused in the present and less on things I hope for in the distant future, more on enjoying whatever is in front of me (or breathing deeply into it when the situation is not enjoyable) and less on grabbing after something I don’t yet have.

 Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.

 
Two series of events stand out this year:

  •              Becca’s going to college and then coming back home and all the changes and reexamination of life that those have meant.

  •            The gardening-green yoga sangha-master composter- Roots & Wings – permaculture interweavings in my daily life.   This is causing me to not only rethink daily physical decisions (what I use, where I go, what I eat, etc.) but also my moral and spiritual approaches (how to make moral decisions on behalf of future generations, a theology for God and the kingdom of God that would better reflect a sustainability model,  language choices I make that move away from an anthropocentric worldview into a worldview that takes into consideration all creation).

No comments: