Thursday, December 9, 2010

Beautifully Different


Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.
Somehow yesterday’s email with the question for the day didn’t come through, so I’ve only a minute to reflect on this question.  I don’t really think of myself as beautifully different.  I’ve begun, as I’ve gotten older, to think of myself as eccentric (and I mean that in a positive way).  And last week, at a dinner gathering, a friend lovingly suggested that I move to Vermont where I could be “as crunchy a you want.”  I think that, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more distinctly myself and generally I’m happy with who that is though I’m not sure it “lights people up.”  And that’s fine with me.

No comments: