Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday Five: Dental Edition

As posted by reverendmother over at RevGalBlogPals:

Cheesehead and I are both laid up this week with various tooth maladies. This one's in honor of us:

1. Are you a regular patron of dentists' offices? Or, do you go a) faithfully, as long as you have insurance, or b) every few years or so, whether you need it or not, or c) dentist? what is this "dentist" thing you speak of?
A and C. I used to be a regular patron, growing up and for most of my adulthood. The church I currently serve doesn’t provide dental insurance as part of its medical coverage though, so in recent years I’ve had to stop going except for medical emergencies.


2. Whatever became of your wisdom teeth?
Two of them have been removed and two are still in my mouth.


3. Favorite thing to eat that's BAAAAAD for your teeth.
Popcorn. I actually asked my dentist about this and he assured me that popcorn is a very healthy snack for your teeth, but I don’t believe it. Parts of kernels get caught between my teeth and irritate my gums when I eat too much of it, so the dentist has got to be wrong. Still, I love popcorn.

4. Ever had oral surgery? Commiserate with me.
I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed right a week after the birth of my first child. Because I was nursing, they did it without novacaine. I’d thought labor had prepared me for any other form of pain, but….

5. "I'd rather have a root canal than _________________."
...be tied to a rack, drawn and quartered, or crucified. Root canals remind me of ancient torture rituals.

Bonus: Does your dentist recommend Trident?
I have no idea—never asked, probably never will.

No comments: