At RevGalBlogPals, Songbird writes: “There's a new baby on my street, a double PK whose Mom and Dad are Methodist pastors and church planters. I'm hoping to go over and meet her today. I love new babies, the way they smell and their sweet little fingers and toes. Little K has me thinking about all the new things that please us with their shiny freshness.
Please share with us five things you like *especially* when they are new.”
1. A new box of crayons. I love the way they look, I love the way they smell, and I always, always hate it when I finally have to use one and ruin the new newness. (I’m not a big colorer to begin with so wanting to color has never overpowered my desire to keep the box looking so wonderfully new.)
2. A new hardback book that hasn’t been opened yet. No matter what the book’s about, I love opening it for the first time and watching how pages separate (often with a slight noise as they do so).
3. New tech stuff. I love new tech gadgets—whether it’s a new phone (oh, to convince my family that I need a Droid if not an iPhone!), a new computer, a new gaming system, a new software application, or whatever. I know that keeping up in this area is well beyond my financial means, but when I get the luxury to get something techie that’s just been released have and is new, I love it.
4. 4. New school supplies, whether I a reason to use them or not. The very idea of having new pens, new notebooks, new index cards, or other stuff I used to have to buy for school when I was young call up the excitement of a new school year. Which leads me to….
5. 5. A new course to teach or take on a topic I’m excited about but haven’t taught before. Beginning to engage with new material that has a connection with things I care a lot about is so much fun.