Friday, August 28, 2009

Affirmations

At RevGalsBlogPals, Singing Owl writes:

“Lately I seem to be encountering many people who have a very difficult time finding anything good to say about themselves. They are able to extend grace and forgiveness's to others but find it difficult to extend that same grace to themselves.

With that in mind, let's share some healthy affirmation today! Tell us five things you like about yourself!”

1. I am what Barbara Shur calls a “scanner”. I love to learn, participate in, and experience a wide range of things rather than just having one or two passions or areas of interest.

2. I’m someone for whom family is extremely important.

3. I’m enthusiastic and fairly indefatigable, even on projects and in situations where most people lose steam or give up.


4. I’m playful.

5. I am, behind the intellectual veneer, someone who makes decisions and acts based largely on intuition and empathy.

3 comments:

altar ego said...

Great play! Love the picture, and I wish I could get injected with some of your enthusiasm and indefatigableness!

ellbee said...

I like that you used the word indefatigable. One of my all-time faves!! And the pic. Brilliant. I think it is easy for intellect to become a cover for other ways of thinking... I am likely misunderstood in that regard at times.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

What a really intersting mix of things to like about yourself! You are not average, I can tell. :-) Thanks for sharing these.