Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lent 2008


It's been a wonderful Lenten season. I've spent most of my devotional time trying to move away from the everyday information and knowledge world in which I usually work into the more simple, connected, peace filled world of mysticism and centering. There's been the poetry of Rumi, the inward, more gnostic focus of Deepak Chopra's The Third Jesus (which I'm about half way through, reading it in a leisurely way), visualization work and meditation, and my participation in a online discussion group focused on the Kybalion and the mystical elements that lie at the heart of all the major religions' spirituality. And my yoga classes during this six week period have turned out to be a great addition to the inward journey. Despite all the hectic, outward stuff that's been competing for my attention-- the D.Min. project, the extra church work during the Lenten season, the classes I'm taking and the ones I'm teaching, and the Second Life stuff for Mercy-- the season has felt like a liberating Lent.

No comments: