Thursday, July 5, 2007

Almost the Same

Yesterday, while taking a break from working on a paper looking at what various futures of theological education might be, I walked over to see my old dorm,Welch Hall. Nothing much has changed over more than 30 years. It's still got the long, narrow, dark, ugly halls lined with door after door, the tiny rooms that would barely fit two twin beds with about a foot in between them and two desks along a wall and a little room with dressers off on the side, and a pretty nice lounge in between it and Holloway Hall. The only thing that seems to have changed is that there's no longer a piano in the lounge. That struck me as sad, since I have fond memories (perhaps my only fond memories of that time in Welch) of teaching myself to play various songs on that lounge piano.

No comments: